St Francis Xavier’s Catholic Primary School Arncliffe is a Catholic systemic primary school within the Archdiocese of Sydney. Due to popular demand, we are having a second stream Kindergarten for 2021. Contact me on 0418492881 and I will answer any questions you may have about our school. You can also make an appointment and have our student leaders take you around our classrooms, learning spaces and whole school for a tour.
We offer a holistic approach to learning, catering to the needs of all children through a variety of curricular and co-curricular activities.
We are a school where every decision is made according to what is best for student learning. We are a small, vibrant community where every staff member knows every child and takes responsibility for each child’s progress.
You will find happy, engaged students who are engrossed in contemporary teaching practices designed to form them into highly competent, independent thinkers with a thirst for learning. Our school will also begin major capital works in 2020, ensuring state of the art classrooms and learning spaces.
We invite you to take a tour of our website to find out about our vibrant school community and please feel free to download an enrolment form, or if you prefer, visit the school to obtain one.
We are a safe and orderly school with high expectations for learning.
Mr. Kevin Bryson
One hundred years ago, the village of Arncliffe was very different to the busy, multicultural suburb that we now know. The original land grant for the part of Arncillffe where our school and church are now located was acquired for David Hannah in 1825 by his father Reuben, an ex-convict who was a brick maker in Sydney.
Around this time there were two Catholic schools in the Cooks River district, one at Kogarah and another at Tempe.
The school has been witness to a myriad of milestone events over the past century, including the arrivals of the Sisters of St Joseph in the early 1900’s the consecration of the church in 1936, a growth in enrolments during the great depression, the Golden Jubilee in 1982,and recent upgrades and re-configurations to facilitate growth in eroment and enhance learning programs going forward.
As a faith filled learning community we at St Francis Xavier’s Catholic Primary School Arncliffe:
- Celebrate Catholic beliefs, values, practices and traditions within our
- faith-filled community.
- Educate students to be responsible and ethical learners of the
- twenty first century.
- Provide engaging opportunities that develop skills for life-long
- learning, accessible to all in a safe and happy environment.
- Nurture the development of the child as a whole person building
- a sense of optimism and hope.
We Learn, We Engage, We Nurture, We Celebrate
St Mary MacKillop Parish, Rockdale City
Address: 13 Parker St, Rockdale NSW
Phone: (02) 9567 1558
Website: St Mary MacKillop Parish
Our Parish Priest is Fr Yacub Barkat, who is very supportive of the school community and is actively involved in celebrating Liturgical and other special events in the life of the school.
The Sacramental programs are parish based and our Religious Education program is central to the life of the school, encouraging students to develop a deeper understanding of God, self, others and their world.
- Saturday Vigil: 5.00pm – Arncliffe | 6.30pm – Rockdale
- Sunday: 9.00am – Arncliffe | 10.30am – Rockdale | Italian: 9.00am Rockdale | Filipino: 3rd Sunday 6.00pm (Rockdale)
- Tuesday: 7.30pm – Rockdale | Wednesday: 9.00am – Arncliffe
- Thursday: 9.00am – Rockdale | Friday: 9.00am – Arncliffe
- 1st and 3rd Saturday of the Month 4.00–4.30pm Rockdale
- 2nd and 4th Saturday of the Month 4.00-4.30pm Arncliffe
Adoration, Novena, Rosary and Benediction
- Tuesday: 6.00pm-7:15pm Rockdale
- 1st Sunday of the month Arncliffe at 12.00noon
- 2nd Sunday of the month Rockdale at 11.30am
Other Sundays during morning Masses. Please book through the Parish Office.
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.